Blessed Robert Sutton Catholic Academy’s School Admissions
Policy: Year 7 Admissions Policy 2020 – 2021
Policy: Year 7 Admissions Policy 2021 – 2022
Robert Sutton is a popular school and one that takes students from a wide geographical area both in Burton and beyond. Last year our intake included young people from 26 different primary schools some in Derbyshire.
How do I enrol my child at Blessed Robert Sutton?
If your child is at a Staffordshire primary school
You can request a place at Blessed Robert Sutton through Staffordshire County Council website https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Education/Admissions-secondary/Apply/Overview.aspx or if you live in Derbyshire https://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education/schools/school-places/secondary-admissions/secondary-school-admissions.aspx. It is important that you express a preference for Robert Sutton on this form, and that you return the form by 31 October. You will hear in March which secondary school is offering your child a place.
- Find out about the school – from the Prospectus; from visiting the school on our Open Evening; from this website; or from personal contact. Decide whether you can commit to the aims, values and ethos of the school.
- Find out about the school’s admissions procedure – see especially pages 1 and 2 for specific criteria. It should be noted that for September 2020 the number of places available for admission into Year 7 is 124.
- Find out about the Local Authority’s admissions procedure – from A Guide to Parents (Derbyshire County Council) or Secondary School Admissions (Staffordshire County Council).
- Complete an Blessed Robert Sutton Supplementary Information Form to apply for a a place under a faith criterion. This form can be downloaded from the Local Authority website within which the school is located and is also available from the school.
- Inform the Local Authority – Complete and return the Common Application Form for your Local Authority. Instructions are issued by the LA. Forms are returned to the LA.
If you need further information – please be in touch with the Admissions Secretary, Mrs Jan Talbot / email@example.com. She will be pleased to answer any questions you may have and will do all she can to help.
Admissions – key dates
Date to be confirmed – This is the date of Blessed Robert Sutton Open Evening which starts at 6.30pm. Parents travelling by car are encouraged to aim to arrive by 6.15pm to give ample time for parking. The evening is always very busy.
31 October – Latest date for parents to complete the secondary school choice preference sheet for their Local Authority. Supplementary application forms (with reference form where appropriate) are sent directly to the Admissions Secretary at Blessed Robert Sutton Catholic Voluntary Academy.
1 March – Parents are informed about secondary school allocations.
If you need help or advice…
Information about admissions in Staffordshire is available from School Services, on 0300 111 8007 and select the option for ‘School Admissions and Transport’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please ring our Admissions Secretary (01283 749450), who will be very happy to explain the procedures to you.
Although the information on this website is correct at the time of posting, this information is continually being updated. Parents seeking up-to-date information on particular points are asked to check with the school. Meanwhile we will keep parents informed of new developments. We aim at all times to work closely with parents in providing the best possible education and opportunities for the students of Blessed Robert Sutton Catholic Voluntary Academy.