Good morning everyone,
In the Prime Minister’s statement he made the following comments relating to secondary school:
‘The Ambition is that secondary pupils facing exams next year (Year 10) will be able to spend at least some time with their teachers before the summer holidays.’
As per Boris Johnson’s statement the Government will be setting out more detailed guidance for schools shortly. As this guidance emerges we will share our plans with families as soon as practically possible to ensure that your child gets the very best deal under these circumstances.
Finally, a reminder that the school remains open for children of ‘Critical Workers’ and the ‘Vulnerable’, however we do ask that your child stays at home unless it is an absolutely essential they attend school. We must all work together to protect everyone, this includes our students, our staff and the whole population.
We are asking that:
- Where possible students are provided with a snack for break time and bring a water bottle.
- For now they do NOT have to wear school uniform.
- Students who qualify to attend must attend for the full school day
- The school will run at the usual times Monday to Friday, with registration beginning at 8:25am
- Students need to bring to school the following: Reading book, Basic equipment (e.g. pens and pencils) and PE kit
- School will finish at 2.55pm
- Normal school rules and expectations apply
- Students attending school will not be set additional homework, but will have access to all their work on ‘Firefly’.
- No after school clubs will run
You need to inform the school of the days that you want your child to attend. You can do this by:
- Completing the ‘School Care Form’ available on our school website.
- Phoning the school and explaining when you require the provision.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that you should only send your child to school it is absolutely essential.
Happy Newsletter – 2nd Edition
On a brighter note our 2nd Edition of our Happy Newsletter is out! If you haven’t already please do read our Happy News – I hope you find this newsletter can provide you and those around you with a little bit of happiness and positivity at this time.
We know that being stuck at home can be a challenge and our staff are working incredibly hard to ensure that you have lots of things to do to keep busy.