GCSE and A Level Results Headlines
Updated September 2017. Letter from Mr M Cain is available here.
Congratulations to all of our Year 11 Students!
I am really pleased to be able to inform you that the English results have shown an extremely significant improvement and that they are now very much in line with those for Maths. This is particularly pleasing as raising standards in English was an action point from the October inspection. Improving examination results in the Sixth Form was another area highlighted by Ofsted and so on the back of the good results achieved by those students last week and Year 11 today I feel it has been a really positive week for the school in terms of delivering on its identified areas for improvement. I would also like to inform you how pleased I am with the Religious Education results where 87% of students achieved an A*-C grade with 34% of them being at grades A* or A and it must be remembered that all students in the year group were entered for this examination.
There were some excellent outcomes for a number of individual students which reflect some of the overall strength of the results this year. These include:
- Caitlin Cafferkey – 6A* and English Language Grade 9, English Literature Grade 8, Maths Grade 9
- Paulina Florian – 5 A*/1AEnglish Language Grade 8, English Literature Grade 9, Maths Grade 7
- Stephanie Cunningham – 1A*/5A and English Language Grade 8, English Literature Grade 9, Maths Grade 7
- Olivia Jimenez – 5 A/ 1 B and English Language Grade 9, English Literature Grade 6, Maths Grade 7
- Szymon Oramus – 2A*/3A/1B and English Language Grade 7, English Literature Grade 6, Maths Grade 9
- Samuel Thorpe – 4A/1 BTEC Distinction and English Language Grade 9, English Literature Grade 8, Maths Grade 8
A Level and Vocational Equivalents
Updated August 2017. Also reported in the Burton Mail.
Overall pass rate – 100%
- 100% pass rate in both A Level and BTEC Level 3 vocational courses meaning that there was not one single ‘U’ in any subject. Every student achieved a pass in every subject they entered.
- Students have achieved a record number of results at the higher grades A*/A with 19% of all A Level grades at A*/A and 37% at A*/A or B.
- 67% of all students in Physics achieved A*/A as did 50% of those taking Biology and Maths.
- An incredible 97% of all BTEC Level 3 results were at either Distinction* or Distinction and 100% of all students achieved Distinction* in Sport, ICT, Media and Performing Arts.
- in Level 3 BTEC Art and Design 83% of students achieved either Distinction* or Distinction.
There were some highly impressive outcomes for a number of high performing students which reflect the overall strength of the schools results this year. These include:
- Krysztof Oramus, who will be taking up a place at Oxford University after achieving A* grades in further maths, maths and A grades in product design and physics.
- Henry Taylor will study maths at Nottingham University after achieving A*grades in further maths, maths and grade A in physics.
- Alex Marcinkiewicz achieved grade A in biology and maths along with a grade B in chemistry, and will be taking up a place at Manchester University to study Medicine.
- Sam Horsley achieved three distinction* grades in ICT, art and design and media while his twin brother William also achieved distinction* grades in art and design, ICT and a distinction in media. They will both be going to Staffordshire University, where Sam will study games art and William cartoon and comic arts.
- Billy Arckless achieved three Distinction* in Sport and ICT and Distinction in Media. He will study Digital Marketing at Derby University.
Any student who may wish to discuss the possibility of a place in our sixth form should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org